Monday, January 3, 2011

Off to a good start....

Well so far I'm off to a good start to 2011.  I am keeping to my resolutions! We went to church yesterday, although we were a few minutes late, actually a lot of minutes late, but we still made it.  I went to a church in Fairfield  which was beautiful and then we ate at Einstein Bagels, I love their bagels, so do my kids and yes it was a bribing tool to get them to drive to Fairfield for mass. I'm having a hard time getting back to church.  I LOVED the church we went to before we moved here(6 yrs ago).  I guess nothing compares to it in my town.  They had a fabulous family mass and none of my churches here seem to have one.   Anyway, I want to do this for my kids so I'm headin' back.  In the meantime, I'm not one for resolutions, I don't remember the last time I had one, but so far I'm OK with this one.  Well, it was back to school today.  I love my school and I adore my class, they are awesome.  I really hope I can stay at this school, that's why I'm really going to church, ha ha, just kidding.  Seriously though, in March we'll find out the budget cuts again.   Last year, I was last on the seniority list, but this year I'll have tenure(because I was tenured in Stamford) where many of the other people won't. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get full time.  Anyway back to today, after morning work I called the kids to the rug to do the calendar and of course we discuss a little of what we did over break and what we got for Christmas.  And this one little boy raises his hand, so I call on him and he says, I missed you!  That was the last thing I thought he was going to say, I was so touched and to be honest I missed them too. They are the sweetest group.  If this was last years class I'd be singing a different tune ;)  I really would be.  This class is one of my favorites of all time! Jack, Ryan and Danny got back into the groove as well.  I'm real nervous about Danny, I really think I should hold him back and repeat 1st again.  I need to get John on board, hopefully he'll go for it.  When entering first, the kids are supposed to be at a level B, Danny was barely and A and now he is sort of at a B.  He just doesn't remember the words and he's getting all this extra help at school.  Yes, he has made progress from the beginning of the year, but compared to where he should be, I'm really nervous for him. We'll see as the year goes on.  Hope everyone else had a good first day back, got to get the showers going and I feel like I'm rambling.  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment