Monday, January 10, 2011

Chicken Caesar Salad.....YUM!

So....I am the worst cook in the world.  There's nothing to cooking that I like.  I watch cooking shows, I read Gourmet Magazine looking for ideas when I'm at the doctor, I read other blogs purposely that pertain to food, anything that will inspire me.  Nothing helps.  However, I found this recipe here, http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/03/caesar-salad-with-homemade-croutons.html which sounds awesome and not too hard to follow.  I really hope I try it and it doesn't become like everything else.....un-eaten......if that's a word  LOL.  I love Caesar Salad but I am picky about the croutons and the dressing.  I don't like store bought and it's a pain to go down to Stew Leonard's~they have very yummy homemade croutons.  Anyway, I came across this, it's sounds delicious.  I'm posting it here, so I can remember what I will need when we try it over the weekend ;) 

Chicken Caesar Salad


5-6 chicken breasts
1 head of lettuce (I prefer Romaine)
1 loaf of fresh French bread or sour dough bread
1 bottle, Ken's Light Caesar dressing
1 bottle, Cardini's Caesar regular dressing
Fresh parmesan cheese
Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning ~ to taste

Marinate chicken in Ken's Light Caesar dressing for at least 2 hours. Cook on Foreman grill. (I have tried broiling it, but I highly recommend using a grill. It turns out much more juicy!) Slice when cool.

Make croutons by cutting French bread or sour dough bread into 1-1.5 inch cubes. Make a puddle of olive oil on tray and then toss bread cubes into the oil. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Turn halfway through with a pancake turner. (You don't want to overcook these beauties! You just want to lightly toast them.)

Make the dressing by mixing 3 parts of Cardini's Caesar regular dressing with 1 part of Ken's Caesar light dressing. **You really have to use these specific brands... it makes the yummiest Caesar dressing!**

Build the salad like this:

1. Chopped lettuce

2. Sliced chicken

3. Freshly grated parmesan cheese.

4. Croutons.

5. Dressing.

A final note, if anyone is wondering what my poor children eat......their dad, my lovely hubby cooks.....thank God!

1 comment:

  1. Come on now....worst? NOT!! You made yummy chicken parm!!! Hope you had a great day, talk to ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete