Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Helloooo....Eric Carle

I know- pretty random considering tomorrow it's going to be all things Dr. Seuss.  But the board of ed took our February vacation away about 3 weeks ago, leaving very little time for parents and teachers to change their plans, so I didn't want to teach anything really knew to the kids. I had 13 most of the week. I decided to do a mini author study on Eric Carle, I love his illustrations!  Throughout the week, we read
 and a few others when we had a few extra minutes.  The kids loved them, and to my surprise many had never read A House for Hermit Crab and The Grouchy Ladybug, so it was great, we could really get into predicting what the stories were about, the problem and solutions, character traits etc.  Whenever I teach a unit I have the kids make these little folders to put all their papers and projects relating to whatever subject we're covering.  See below:



Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?

The Grouchy Ladybug


A House For Hermit Crab

Retelling The Very Hungry Caterpillar

I love these the most, I think they came out great!
It was fun, and artistically they did a great job.  I love how my little guys are really getting into details now.  In other news,  we had an action packed weekend.  John and I, ok mostly John is painting almost every room in the house.  I do the trim here and there.  We both hate painting with a passion, but it needs to be done.  To get us through we keep thinking of the end result.  When we moved in to this house almost 7 years ago, it was sparkling, the gal who we bought the house from was very crafty and LOVED to paint and wallpaper.  We had basically the same taste, so we didn't have much to do, but now it's getting all worn, everything seems to be breaking at once, ya know it's time.  I also decided to go back to zumba.  I love it, but I get pretty lazy in the winter and since summer is around the corner, it's time to go back.  My junk food has gotten the best of me.  Ha!  Anyway, Jack had 2 basketball games, which I am praying is coming to an end this Thursday.  I know that's kinda mean but just like the snow, we are done with bball.  He also had football on Sunday morning, they won, woo hooo and he had 2 td's, he played great!  I was one proud mama!  Ryan and Danny really had no activities and were busy at friends houses. And before you knew it, the weekend was over!  I've spent the last 2 days getting my room ready for tomorrow and the big Dr. Seuss bash! That's all for now, have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment