Sunday, May 22, 2011

Whirlwind couple of weeks

We have been so busy practicing for our "KINDERCOLORS" play and the big day finally arrived this past Friday.  My grade partner, who I think is the greatest person in the world has been putting this on for the last probably 10 years.  It is adorable.  We started off by singing some songs that she made up all about colors, then I get up and recite Brown Bear, while the kids tell me what they see, everyone has an animal on their headband.  Then we sang another color song and the kids turn their headbands around and they become crayons. After that each group of colors recites the color poems they have been practicing.  Kathy then gets up and recites The Crayon Box That Talked and the kids each have a part.  Finally, we end with "What a Wonderful World" in sign language, it was great, loved it. If some one gives me some pics from the actual show I will post them, I can't do it justice trying to explain it. But trust me it was adorable.  After, we went back to my room for a little celebration.  One of my mom's made the cutest cookies for each kid(see below)  In the meantime, Jack got his braces off....YAY!  I put up a pic from last year when he got them on and this year when he got them off, I can't believe how much older he looks :(  My kids are growing up way too fast.  And today was my youngest sisters graduation from college, yahooooo!  So much has been happening with the budget here that I haven't been posting much, don't want to bore anyone with the details, just hope I have good news soon, just keeping my fingers crossed.  Anyway, there's only 21 days left and after next week, we can actually do some things that are not in the darn pacing guide!!!  Maybe I can post some cute stuff again. Here's to a great week!!!  
Kindercolors

Crayon headbands


How cute are these????  A mom made them for all the kids to take home.....and they were YUMMY too!

Animal headbands

Jack on May 5, 2010 getting his braces


Jack on May 12, 2011 BRACES OFF!!!

Kerry graduates from Fairfield University May 22, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment